While jumping rope, swing it such that the rope passes around your body and under your feet twice in a single jump. Speed ropes offer increased speed and can help if the pace of the rope is an issue.
Totals (29 posts)
- 75 reps 2 times from 2 RFT: Pull-ups, Kettlebell Swing (Russian)s, Double Unders and Farmers Carries on Apr 29, 2013
- 130 reps from "Tabata" - Double Unders, Wall Balls and Burpees : 8 x 20 secs / 10 secs on Apr 26, 2013
- 40 reps 3 times from Double Unders, Box Jump (24 in.)s, Kettlebell Swings (2) on Mar 16, 2013
- 30 reps from Chipper: Push Press, Box Jumps, Double Unders and 9 more on Mar 12, 2013
- 40 reps in 1 min 12 times from Every 1 min for 12 mins: Power Cleans and Double Unders on Mar 06, 2013
CrossFit Journal Articles
Jump Rope Basics Part 2: More Preparation Phase Plus Double-Under Tips
To receive the maximum benefits from your jump rope training sessions, you'll want to follow the four steps of my jump rope system (preparation, intermediate, conditioning, and sports training phases) for safe progression.
Jump Rope Basics Part 1: Preperation
When I was training as a wrestler for the 1992 Olympic Games, the jump rope, along with many of the kinds of functional training exercises embraced by CrossFit, were the keys to my development into one the quickest, most explosive, and most highly conditi
Jump Rope Basics Part 3: Intermediate Phase
By the end of the preparation phase (step 1 of my four- step training system), athletes should have developed sufficient skill and cardiovascular conditioning levels to allow safe increases in training intensity as they go to the next level. (See my artic
The Position: Part 1 - The Double-Under
This video series provides a fresh look at skill-transfer exercises and midline stability, combining the powers of Kelly Starrett and gymnast Carl Paoli. Both San Francisco CrossFit coaches add their expertise to refine basic CrossFit movements with the a
CrossFit Coach's Prep Course
The movements page is a breakdown from your workout programming. It is a great tool for analysis, but it does not show you how to effectively design, scale or evaluate your programming. We highly recommend attending the CrossFit Coach's Prep Course to learn how. We attended the course and learned a lot. Check out the Intro To Course video by Chris Spealler and Nicole Caroll.