Overview & Demo
The Beater bar is a 31 MM bar with no center knurling and has Olympic knurling marks. The shaft is black zinc and the sleeves are bright zinc coated. This bar is not made for competitive olifts, it is meant to be the bar that takes a high rep beating where the diameter of the shaft is not essential. - RogueFitness.com
Just the bare essentials. This stand can handle your 500LB back squat with ease. We went back to the drawing board and came up with a squat stand for those of you on a budget. Still constructed at the Rogue Factory in Columbus Ohio, this stand is everything you expect from Rogue: a heavy duty quality made piece of equipment. We didn't cut any corners on this one. Now you can get a US made squat stand for the same price others are selling flimsy imports for. - RogueFitness.com
Plate diameter: 450mm (IWF Standard is 450mm). Collar opening: 50.40mm. Insert type: Stainless Steel. - RogueFitness.com
Our all new ROGUE HG Collars, with patented locking mechanism that will hold on repeated drops! - RogueFitness.com
Totals (12 posts)
Max Weights (In Pounds)
- 27 reps @ 55 lbs from 12-9-6: Overhead Squats and Toes-to-bars on Jul 10, 2015
- 20 reps @ 85 lbs from Lumberjack 20 on Jul 04, 2015
- 7 reps @ 55 lbs 3 times from AMRAP 7 mins: Overhead Squats, Lunges and Double Unders on Jul 03, 2015
- 15 reps @ 65 lbs 5 times from Nancy on Apr 20, 2015
- 12 reps from CrossFit Games Open 14.2 / 15.2 on Mar 09, 2015
- 12 reps from CrossFit Games Open 14.2 / 15.2 on Mar 07, 2015
- 45 reps @ 55 lbs from 21-15-9: Power Snatches, Overhead Squats and Jumping Alternating Lunges on Feb 03, 2015
- 5 reps @ 95 lbs from Overhead Squat 5-5-5-5-5 on Jan 15, 2015
- 15 reps @ 65 lbs 5 times from Nancy on Nov 03, 2014
- 3 reps @ 85 lbs from Every 1 min for 6 mins: Overhead Squat on Sep 08, 2014
- 10 reps @ 65 lbs 5 times from 5 RFT: Double Unders, Overhead Squats and Pull-ups on Sep 04, 2014
- 5 reps @ 65 lbs 3 times from 3 RFT: Overhead Squats, Burpee Box Jump Overs, Shoulder-to-Overheads and Toes-to-bars on Aug 13, 2014
CrossFit Journal Articles
The CrossFit movements are functional, full-body movements that generate a great deal of power, and virtuosity in these movements requires instruction, practice and refinement. The movements are tremendously effective for producing fitness, but they are c
The Overhead Squat
The overhead squat is the ultimate core exercise, the heart of the snatch, and peerless in developing effective athletic movement. This functional gem trains for efficient transfer of energy from large to small body parts - the essence of sport movement.
The Lifting Shoulder
What should the shoulder's contribution to overhead lifting be? Should the shoulder remain fixed or should it elevate, moving toward the ear, during an overhead lift? These questions were recently raised on the CrossFit message board and found their way o
Contrary to what you might hear from some medical professionals, going deep in full squats is a spectacularly good idea, writes Coach Mark Rippetoe, co-author of Starting Strength and owner of Wichita Falls Athletic Club/CrossFit Wichita Falls.
Spanish Overhead Squat
Maggie Dabe from CrossFit Fairfax is one of CrossFit HQ’s traveling seminar trainers. Originally from Ecuador, she explains our standard cues and faults for the overhead squat entirely in Spanish.
The Overhead Squat
In Part 2 of an overhead-squat series shot at Rainier CrossFit, Lisa Ray of CrossFit Flagstaff coaches Stephanie Aardal through a set of heavy reps
Setting Up for the Overhead Squat
Setting up for the overhead squat is easy when you’re holding a piece of PVC pipe—but how do you prepare for an overhead set with some serious weight?
Coach Burgener knows more about Olympic Lifting than anyone on this planet. If you want to improve your snatch and/or clean & jerk then you NEED to attend the CrossFit Olympic Lifting. If you haven't heard of Coach B then you should slap yourself. Check out these CrossFit Journal articles for more info: The Burgener Warmup(free), The Stance, Clean and Jerk, Receiving The Bar and Snatch Grip Position
Improve your Deadlift, Bench Press and Backsquat with the CrossFit Power Lifting Course. If Louie Simmons is good enough for the various NFL and NCAA football programs then he's good enough for you. Check out these CrossFit Journal articles for more info: Louie on the Conjugate System and Dynamic-Effort Day.