Overview & Demo
The Beater bar is a 31 MM bar with no center knurling and has Olympic knurling marks. The shaft is black zinc and the sleeves are bright zinc coated. This bar is not made for competitive olifts, it is meant to be the bar that takes a high rep beating where the diameter of the shaft is not essential. - RogueFitness.com
Plate diameter: 450mm (IWF Standard is 450mm). Collar opening: 50.40mm. Insert type: Stainless Steel. - RogueFitness.com
Our all new ROGUE HG Collars, with patented locking mechanism that will hold on repeated drops! - RogueFitness.com
Totals (96 posts)
Max Weights (In Pounds)
- 26 reps @ 225 lbs from AMReps 2 mins: Deadlift on Jun 17, 2015
- 5 reps @ 295 lbs 5 times from 5 RFT: Deadlifts, Strict Pull-ups, Power Cleans and Pull-up (kipping)s on Jun 08, 2015
- 10 reps @ 155 lbs 6 times from AMRAP 10 mins: Burpee Over Bars and Deadlifts on Jun 03, 2015
- 2 reps @ 275 lbs 14 times from Alt EMOM 14 mins: Deadlifts and Toes-to-bars on May 14, 2015
- 2 reps 15 times from Every 1 min for 15 mins: Back Squats, Deadlifts and Power Cleans on May 07, 2015
- 20 reps @ 225 lbs from FT: Back Squats, Deadlifts and Burpee Over Bars on Mar 16, 2015
- 36 reps from 15-12-9: Deadlifts and Chest-to-bar Pull-ups on Jan 20, 2015
- 21 reps @ 315 lbs from "Death By" - Deadlifts and Box Jumps : 1 rep + 1 rep / 1 min on Dec 30, 2014
- 25 reps @ 275 lbs from FT: Wall Balls, Burpee Over Bars and Deadlifts on Dec 09, 2014
- 15 reps @ 185 lbs 4 times from Every 10 mins for 40 mins: Rows, Toes-to-bars, Burpee Over Bars and 3 more on Dec 04, 2014
- 3 reps @ 215 lbs 5 times from Every 1 min for 5 mins: Deadlifts and Double Unders on Oct 16, 2014
- 12 reps @ 225 lbs from Chipper: Thrusters, Chest-to-bar Pull-ups, Thrusters and 9 more on Oct 06, 2014
- 5 reps @ 225 lbs 13 times from AMRAP 15 mins: Deadlifts, Push-ups and Double Unders on Sep 29, 2014
- 2 reps @ 190 lbs 15 times from Every 1 min for 15 mins: Back Squats, Deadlifts and Power Cleans on Sep 23, 2014
- 50 reps @ 185 lbs from Chipper: Row (calories)s, Box Jump Overs, Deadlifts and 6 more on Sep 19, 2014
- 11 reps @ 250 lbs from Chipper: Rows, Box Jumps, Thrusters and 7 more on Sep 11, 2014
- 10 reps @ 185 lbs from FT: Row (calories)s, Max Double Unders and Deadlifts on Sep 04, 2014
- 20 reps @ 275 lbs from Lumberjack 20 on Sep 01, 2014
- 3 reps @ 345 lbs from Deadlift : 3 Rep Max on Aug 08, 2014
- 8 reps @ 155 lbs from 2014 CrossFit Games - 21-15-9 Complex on Aug 05, 2014
CrossFit Journal Articles
CrossFit & Powerlifting
Several months ago I came across a link to CrossFit.com, and, after sifting through the site for a while, I was hooked. As someone who appreciates the value of hard work, I knew I had to find a way to incorporate this type of training and conditioning int
The deadlift is unrivaled in its simplicity and impact while unique in its capacity for increasing head to toe strength.
The CrossFit movements are functional, full-body movements that generate a great deal of power, and virtuosity in these movements requires instruction, practice and refinement. The movements are tremendously effective for producing fitness, but they are c
The Slow Lifts
The slow lifts—the squat, the press, the deadlift and the bench press—form the basis of any effective program to improve strength, writes Mark Rippetoe, owner of The Wichita Falls Athletic Club and Crossfit Wichita Falls and co-author of Starting Stre
The Slow Lifts: Deadlift
There is no more functional movement than picking up something heavy, as we do in the deadlift, writes Mark Rippetoe of The Witchita Falls Athletic Club/CrossFit Witchita Falls in part 5 of his series on the slow lifts.
Keeping Your Adductors Strong
Knees rolling in on squats and pulls? Bill Starr explains how you can fix the problem by working on your adductors, which will translate to more weight on the bar.
Coaches Prep Course: Deadlifting off Bumpers
Maintaining the lumbar curve is paramount when it comes to deadlifting. If an athlete can’t find or maintain a safe lumbar spine position for whatever reason, coaches should know how to make adjustments and set that athlete up for success.
Pulling Exercises: Hip It Before You Whip It
Learning how to pull a weight off the floor or a platform correctly can help every strength athlete to better perform a number of very beneficial exercises: power cleans, power snatches, full cleans, full snatches, clean and snatch grip high-pulls, and co
A New, Rather Long Analysis of the Deadlift
It is a rather dim memory, but I have pictures and trophies that I am told are mine. I was once a decent deadlifter. My PR was 633, done on two separate occasions at a bodyweight of 220. So here I offer a new, rather long, analysis of the deadlift.
Deadlifts a la Tate
In this series on the deadlift, Tate offers a simplified approach. Pick the bar up. More specifically, he says, stay on the heels, shoulders start over or behind the bar, lean back, and stand up. Sumo style is better for some. His language reflects his ti
Coach Burgener knows more about Olympic Lifting than anyone on this planet. If you want to improve your snatch and/or clean & jerk then you NEED to attend the CrossFit Olympic Lifting. If you haven't heard of Coach B then you should slap yourself. Check out these CrossFit Journal articles for more info: The Burgener Warmup(free), The Stance, Clean and Jerk, Receiving The Bar and Snatch Grip Position
Improve your Deadlift, Bench Press and Backsquat with the CrossFit Power Lifting Course. If Louie Simmons is good enough for the various NFL and NCAA football programs then he's good enough for you. Check out these CrossFit Journal articles for more info: Louie on the Conjugate System and Dynamic-Effort Day.