Totals (19 posts)
Max Weights (In Pounds)
- 5 reps @ 175 lbs from Front Squat : 5 @ 60%, 5 @ 65%, 2 @ 70%, 2 @ 70%, 2 @ 70%, 2 @ 70%, 2 @ 70%, 2 @ 70% on May 22, 2013
- 3 reps @ 205 lbs from Front Squat : 3 @ 60%, 3 @ 70%, 3 @ 75%, 3 @ 75%, 3 @ 75% on May 15, 2013
- 5 reps @ 215 lbs from Front Squat : 5 @ 80%, 2 @ 90%, 2 @ 100% on May 13, 2013
- 2 reps @ 205 lbs from Front Squat : 2 @ 60%, 2 @ 70%, 2 @ 75%, 2 @ 75%, 2 @ 75%, 2 @ 75%, 2 @ 75%, 2 @ 75% on May 06, 2013
- 5 reps @ 215 lbs from Front Squat : 5 @ 70%, 5 @ 75%, 5 @ 85%, 5 @ 85%, 5 @ 85% on Apr 29, 2013
CrossFit Journal Articles
The CrossFit movements are functional, full-body movements that generate a great deal of power, and virtuosity in these movements requires instruction, practice and refinement. The movements are tremendously effective for producing fitness, but they are c
Contrary to what you might hear from some medical professionals, going deep in full squats is a spectacularly good idea, writes Coach Mark Rippetoe, co-author of Starting Strength and owner of Wichita Falls Athletic Club/CrossFit Wichita Falls.
Spanish Front Squat
Maggie Dabe from CrossFit Fairfax is one of CrossFit HQâ€™s traveling seminar trainers. She is originally from Ecuador, and explains our standard cues and faults for the front squat entirely in Spanish.
Keeping Your Adductors Strong
Knees rolling in on squats and pulls? Bill Starr explains how you can fix the problem by working on your adductors, which will translate to more weight on the bar.
Coach Burgener knows more about Olympic Lifting than anyone on this planet. If you want to improve your snatch and/or clean & jerk then you NEED to attend the CrossFit Olympic Lifting. If you haven't heard of Coach B then you should slap yourself. Check out these CrossFit Journal articles for more info: The Burgener Warmup(free), The Stance, Clean and Jerk, Receiving The Bar and Snatch Grip Position
Improve your Deadlift, Bench Press and Backsquat with the CrossFit Power Lifting Course. If Louie Simmons is good enough for the various NFL and NCAA football programs then he's good enough for you. Check out these CrossFit Journal articles for more info: Louie on the Conjugate System and Dynamic-Effort Day.